HERE ARE SOME GREAT TIPS ON GETTING YOUR CAT TO THE VET -MAKING IT EASIER
ON YOU AND YOUR FUR BABY.
- Once you have your carrier, leave it out in the open somewhere in the house and put their favorite toy, blanket, stuffed cuddle animal or whatever your cat loves inside the it. You want to make this a lounging spot for your cat and create a good association between your cat and the carrier.
- Purchase some feline pheromone spray. Before you put your cat in the carrier around a half hour before your planned trip to the vet, spray the carrier. This pheromone spray is like aroma therapy for Cats!!! It will help calm them and ease their stress.
- Purchase some pet pee pads and put them in the carrier in case Kitty has an accident on the way. This will help keep your cat dry and not irritated by the mess.
- Cover the carrier with a piece of your clothing like a shirt or large scarf. Something with your scent on it. This will help to cut down on all the visual stimuli that your cat will getting while travelling in the car.
- Cats like quiet… so keep the music down and NO road rage…lol
- When you take Kitty out of the carrier at the vet’s make sure you place them on higher ground like a chair or desk top. This will make them feel less vulnerable than being left down on the floor.
- Lastly depending on how your cat is with this situation you might want to look into going to a Cat only Clinic or what I think is the best thing ever ….The mobile VET…..There are many vets now that will come to you and if your cat gets that upset travelling….This might be the best solution for both of you!!